The MyHomeCT Program will offer grant assistance (up to $50,000) which can reinstate (“catch-up”), provide up to 12 months’ worth of go-forward payments, or a combination of both to eligible Connecticut homeowners who have suffered a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Foreclosure Prevention/Home Retention Assistance Offered
- Applicants must have experienced a COVID-19 related financial hardship after January 21, 2020, or experienced a financial hardship before January 21, 2020 which was then worsened/extended by the pandemic.
- Assistance for a delinquency existing from prior to January 21, 2020 is capped to three months so any amounts owed before October 2019 will not be eligible. Real estate property taxes that were assessed on the October 2018 Grand List and subsequent Grand Lists are eligible expenses.
- Homeowner must live in the state of Connecticut and occupy the property as their primary residence.
- Property must be an owner-occupied 1-to-4 unit house, condominium or manufactured home.
- Homeowners applying for mortgage assistance must have a mortgage that had a principal balance at or below the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s conforming loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at the time of origination.
- Household income must be equal to or less than 150% area median income (AMI), adjusted for household size.
Click here to utilize any of the following methods to verify your income limits based on the town in which your property is located.
Find your Local MyHomeCT Resource Center
This map displays the MyHomeCT Resource Centers which have staff available to help you with your application or answer any questions on an existing application. Also, the map displays statewide libraries that have the technology available to help you with your application:
Click here for more information on how to report fraud.
Check out the list to see which servicers/mortgage companies are participating with MyHomeCT.
(877) 894-4111 (Mon-Fri 10 AM – 8 PM EST)
This site provides information only regarding the MyHomeCT program and does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, please consult your own attorney or for financial advice, please consult your financial advisor or a certified housing counselor. The information on this site is subject to change without notice.
All materials created by this program are being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number HAFP-0206 awarded to Connecticut by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.