You must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
• Applicants must have experienced a financial hardship after January 21, 2020, including, but not limited to, job loss, reduction of income, need to care for a family member, or material increase in living expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants may have experienced a previous hardship that is continuing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Assistance for a delinquency prior to January 21, 2020 is capped to three months.
• Homeowner must live in the state of Connecticut and occupy the property as their primary residence.
• Property must be an owner-occupied 1-to-4 unit house, condominium or manufactured home.
• Homeowners applying for mortgage assistance must have a mortgage that had a principal balance at or below the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s conforming loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at time of origination.
• Household income must be equal to or less than 150% area median income (AMI), adjusted for household size. Visit AMI resource page to determine your AMI based on your town/city and household size.