Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for the pilot round of HAF if:
- Your property is located in the state of Connecticut and is your primary residence.
- You currently earn an income. This can include Employment, Self-Employment or Business Income, Unemployment Benefits, Worker’s Compensation, Pensions, Annuities, Social Security Benefits, SSI Benefits, Veteran Benefits, Alimony or Child Support.
- You can certify that you experienced a financial hardship after January 21, 2020 including but not limited to job loss, reduction of income or need to care for a family member.
- You had been current on your loan as of January 21, 2020.
- Your loan had a principal balance at or below the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s conforming loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at time of origination. Your servicer will be able to help you determine whether you meet this eligibility criteria.
- Your 2020 income and 2021 income does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (“AMI”) per household size, for the respective year, as published by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”).