Connecticut residents interested in purchasing a mobile home should consider CHFA’s Mobile Home Mortgage. The program’s low-interest rate and low closing costs can help first-time homebuyers finance a single or double-wide manufactured home in a Connecticut state-licensed mobile park. Eligibility depends on the availability of state funds that have been set aside to help finance these homes.
- Low interest rate
- Low closing costs
- Low monthly payment
- You must be a first-time homebuyer or have not owned a home in the past three years. If you have owned a home within the past three years, you may still qualify to buy a mobile home in a Targeted Area.
- The mobile home must be your primary residence. Investment or vacation properties are not allowed.
- The sales price of the mobile home must be within the CHFA Sales Price Limits, and your gross income must be within the CHFA Income Limits. The CHFA Resource Map can tell you if you are within program eligibility limits.
- The mobile home must be affixed to a permanent foundation, with the wheels, axels, and hitches removed.
- The mobile home must be a year-round home and be located in a state-licensed mobile home park.
- You will be required to enter into a yearly, renewable lot lease agreement before closing on your loan.
- You will be required to attend a free Homebuyer Education class prior to closing. The class will help you understand the home-buying process and offer tips for maintaining your new home. Classes are held online and at locations across Connecticut.
- You will be required to make a down payment of at least 20%. CHFA will lend up to 80% of either the appraised value or purchase price of the mobile home, whichever is less. The Downpayment Assistance Program (DAP) loan cannot be combined with this program.
How to Apply
You will need to complete an application worksheet to determine your eligibility. Once this form is completed, contact the CHFA approved lender for this program, Capital For Change, Inc. at (860) 233-5165 ext. 2004 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org