CHFA oversees rental housing developments in Connecticut that are subject to various compliance and reporting standards associated with their funding source. The Affordable Housing Program was designed to offer low-interest or deferred loans and/or grants to developers and owners of low-income housing. Recipients of funds under this program are required to regularly provide CHFA and/or DOH with documentation that demonstrates their compliance with specific financial, insurance, property, tenant and lease requirements.
The Affordable Housing Program is subject to relevant state of Connecticut statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as the provisions of the Loan Documents and/or Assistance Agreement(s), applicable between the owner and CHFA. All operating expenses must be paid from rents collected from the residents.
Some of the Compliance Reporting Requirements are as follows:
- Audited Annual Financial Statement (AFS) must include Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Owner's Equity, Notes to the Financial Statements, Signed Independent Auditor's Reports (Compliance, Internal Controls, Federal & State Program, etc.), Schedule of Findings (if applicable), Auditee's Corrective Action Plan (if applicable), Signed Owner/Sponsor Certification, Signed Management Agent Certification (if applicable), and CHFA's Supplemental Reports. Note: A pdf copy of the AFS and supplemental forms excel workbook must be sent to CHFA at email@example.com.
- Annual Budgets Note: All submissions should be uploaded to CHFA via our secured portal.
- Interim Quarterly Statement of Operations Note: All submissions should be uploaded to CHFA via our secured portal.
- Insurance Requirements For additional information please contact Robin Salafia at 860-571-4345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leases must meet the requirements of Connecticut General Statutes and regulations, as well as federal and state Fair Housing laws. In addition, every lease must contain a rider that clearly states the residency rules and regulations of the development.
- Miscellaneous Annual Reporting
- Replacement, Maintenance & Reserve Requirements
- Tenant Profile Submission (TPS) & Wait List Survey Requirements
Questions? Contact your CHFA Asset Manager.
This is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about CHFA's Audited Annual Financial Statement Reporting Requirements.
CHFA Annual Financial Statement Workbook
This excel workbook contains a Financial Input worksheet which feeds the required Supplemental Forms HM 6-50, HM 6-51 and HM 6-52. When used by a DOH Congregate development, the Input sheet will also populate automatically. (Updated 12/31/2017)
SSHP Conversion Manual - Acctg. Guide
This guidance manual has been specifically designed to assist the State-Sponsored Housing Portfolio (SSHP) owners and their accountants/auditors in the conversion of the financial reporting to comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). All SSHP owners will need to convert to GAAP accounting for audits beginning with fiscal year end 12/31/2017. Note: This notice does not apply to SSHP Limited Equity Cooperatives.
CHFA - DOH Budget-Interim Workbook
This workbook is used by developments to project their Annual Operating Budgets and their Capital Improvements for the coming year. It is also used for submitting Interim Statements.